Frequently Asked Questions
Where does our product come from?
EaCo products are manufactured in the People’s Republic of China. The factories are certified to ISO 9001. We ensure our suppliers are compliant with modern standards of health and safety, equal opportunities and diversity. We also ensure that our suppliers are aware of and comply with environmental standards. Each pack of sanitary pads is made using the highest quality processes and standards in a sanitary manufacturing environment.
Is our packaging biodegradable?
We keep packaging to a minimum and use recyclable cardboard boxes to keep our pads plastic-free. Our pads are individually wrapped to serve a functional purpose and make it easier for you to carry with you. Each pad is tightly-sealed to protect the corn & bamboo fibers, which are chemical-free, keeping the pad as sterile as possible.
How long does the product take to biodegrade?
Eaco sanitary pads can biodegrade within 2-3 years while the conventional plastic sanitary pad takes up to 500 years to decompose.
What about sustainability?
We use biodegradable packing chips manufactured from starch material. EcoFlo is compostable void fill material and is more than 90% biodegradable. The product is fully soluble when saturated with water which takes away the issue of litter and ocean pollution.
Are there any health benefits?
EaCo pads are chemical-free and natural thus allow the skin to breathe freely. Ingredients used are hypoallergenic and can helpful for conditions such as:
- Contact dermatitis
- Skin Allergies
- Pelvic Inflammatory disease
- Intimacy soreness & irritation
Dioxin is a chemical used to bleach conventional sanitary products, however, the WHO labels dioxin as a pollutant & carcinogen. The effects of dioxin on the body extend further than skin irritation and allergies.
The mucous membranes of the vagina are extremely permeable and can absorb chemicals into the bloodstream, continuous exposure and accumulation of dioxin has the potential to cause cervical & ovarian cancers. Over time dioxin exposure causes alteration of hormone levels and may lead to an imbalance of estrogen and androgen resulting in reproductive problems.
How is the EaCo pad constructed?
- Top Layer : Natural corn and bamboo fiber non-woven (100% biodegradable, certified organic bamboo, FSC certified bamboo, OEKO-TEX certified bamboo)
- 2nd Layer: Airlaid paper (made of wood pulp imported from USA, plant fiber biodegradable, FSC certified)
- 3rd Layer: SAP paper (super absorbent polymer imported from Japan, Sumitomo brand)
- 4th Layer: Airlaid paper
- 5th Layer: Bottom film ( 100% biodegradable PLA+PBAT+starch, material is same as the bags which in those certificates.)
- 6th Layer: Release paper (biodegradable paper)
- 7th Layer: Wraping film (100% biodegradable PLA+PBAT+starch)
Other Materials: Hot melt adhesive on the wings & back